I made this dessert for Christmas and everyone not only loved how it looked, but loved how it tasted. There are several variations of this recipe and I made some of my own to the one I used. Here’s what is needed:
Lots of time!
13×9 Glass dish
Several glass bowls
2- 3 oz. packages Cherry JELL-O
2- 3 oz. packages Lime JELL-O
2- 3 oz. packages Strawberry Banana JELL-O
Box Knox Original Gelatin
Large tub Vanilla yogurt
1-2 cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
1. Spray a little non-stick coating on glass dish.
2. Red/light red layers: Put each Cherry JELL-O powder in a glass bowl. Boil 2 cups water and each bowl gets a cup. Mix JELL-O and water well. Put aside one bowl. To the other bowl, add 2/3 cup yogurt and mix until yogurt is dissolved. Pour first bowl into glass dish and refrigerate for 30-40 minutes. Then pour in second “yogurt” bowl. Refrigerate another 30 minutes.
3. White layer: Put two packages Knox gelatin in a glass bowl. Boil 2 cups water and add to gelatin. Mix well. Add 1 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk. Mix well and divide in half into 2 bowls. Put one bowl aside for step 5. Allow other bowl to cool a bit then add to glass dish.
4. Green/light green layer: Put each Lime JELL-O powder in a glass bowl. Boil 2 cups water and each bowl gets a cup. Mix JELL-O and water well. Put aside one bowl. To the other bowl, add 2/3 cup yogurt and mix until yogurt is dissolved. Note: you will need to allow the bowls to cool. You may put first bowl in freezer for 3-4 minutes before pouring into dish. Refrigerate 30-40 minutes. Pour in second “yogurt” bowl. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
5. White layer: Take the remaining bowl of “white” and pour it into dish. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
6. Pink/light pink layer: Repeat step 4 with Strawberry Banana JELL-O.
7. Leave completed dish in fridge for at least 24 hours. When ready to serve you can either turn dish over onto a plate and allow your guests to cut off desired slice or you can cut cubes of JELL-O and place in a slotted bowl for serving. I chose to cut into cubes which is prettiest, however the layers did start to come apart a little as it sat out of the fridge.