If you are a thirty-something adult and have not yet seen The Mindy Project tv show, you are seriously missing out. I’ve always enjoyed Mindy Kaling as a writer, actress and comedian because I find her to be relatable, honest and of course funny. And who can forget her character on The Office? But that is not what has kept me watching the show. I watch because it is truly hysterical.
The show tackles things no one else has ever discussed on television. Whether poking fun at her weight or nationality, there is no shortage of absolute brilliance and bold, brash honesty with the writing. There is also a hint of feminism that I admire. Her character recently used a nose hair trimmer in an episode in front of her boyfriend. She then tackled the issue of sex where her boyfriend declared ‘I slipped’ and proceeded to have an entire episode on the subject making this joke “My office only has one entrance and I don’t know if that’s good enough for you anymore.”
Some other one-liners that I enjoyed…
– I once dated a girl who got sea sick on my waterbed
– She says you’re like a thirsty camel in a desert oasis and I don’t know if she’s referring to your technique or…?
– I don’t know, I got a sex date with a 2 which means she’s a Chicago 4 which means she’s a Wisconsin 9.
– Bet you didn’t think with this bod, that I had a brain too and pretty good boobs.
– Great to see you, but do you have any idea how hard it was for me to get these kids interested in Christianity? I had to tell them the apostles were the original One Direction and they barely bought it.
– You sound pretty, like you lost weight.
– Jeremy: The key Mindy is to find a man who you are attracted to, but don’t respect and can’t see a future with.
Mindy: Draco Malfoy.
Jeremy: Someone not fictitious.
– Mindy: It’s like if Hermione liked Voldemort.
Shauna: I don’t know those words.
Set your DVRs, check it out.